Psychiatric Intervention Medical Associates is committed to providing high quality, evidence-based therapies for depression, anxiety, psychoses, obsessive compulsive disorder and related conditions that have not responded to first-line treatments such as medications and psychotherapy.
Our treatment approach
At Psychiatric Intervention Associates:
- Caring for patients is our passion
- We feel privileged that patients, families and loved ones ask us for help during the most challenging times of their lives
- Patients who seek our care have often suffered for months or years
- We strive to be accessible and can typically schedule an initial consultation within 1-2 weeks
- We use state of the art brain stimulation procedures to help patients get their lives back on track as quickly as possible
- We strive to provide the most personalized and the highest quality of care possible
All patients are seen for one or more initial consultation appointments to:
- Review their psychiatric treatment history
- Gather information from significant others, psychiatrists, therapists and primary care physicians
- Discuss their treatment options in detail
- Collaboratively establish an initial treatment plan
Why Psychiatric Intervention Medical Associates?
- Depression and other psychiatric conditions are often resistant to treatment. One third of depressed patients do not get well even after trying four medications or medication combinations.
- After 2-3 failed medication trials, depressed patients only have a 17% chance of responding to additional medication trials. After 4 failed medication trials, the chance of responding to treatment falls to 3%!
- The same patients have a 60% chance of responding to TMS
- The same patients have an 80% chance of responding to ECT
- Patients frequently suffer through many ineffective medication trials before TMS or ECT is considered
- It is very beneficial to you to be evaluated by a program that can provide all available Interventional Procedures. This allows for an unbiased and informed recommendation of what treatment is likely to be most effective for your specific situation based upon our 45 years of combined experience.